Brown Banded colony s.longipalpa

Well even if there was a good camera couldnt get a good pic lol. Small and great. Good luck if you have them in culture hehe.

I can zoom in on the second picture and I can make out colors and somewhat of a patern.

I wish I did have them in culture. Where are they from?

Glad to see you got these guys up and running. I know Kyle and I are certainly interested in snagging some once the colony gets movin. :D

I love the "pest" species; my Periplaneta are probably one of my favorite genus. It wil be nice to add some other less...uhmm...less appealing to the general hobby community roaches to my list, lol.

Tried hope you'll can see my babies!! Believe this species is from eastern africa. pest species in america BTW think this would be a horrible feeder you very likely infest your house lol. They lay eggs constantly and the babies are incredibly small. If you have secure housing emphasize secure lol, very interesting cute roaches happy to have them. Soon to have cultures available for brave souls...

post-1625-0-12742800-1300488907_thumb.jpg

post-1625-0-52617600-1300488926_thumb.jpg

Are they smaller than Blatta lateralis babies? They are pinhead cricket size and make excellent sling or baby mantid feeders. Granted lats can't climb glass and I'm guessing brown bandeds can?

Haha, quite a handful I suppose. They don't fly right? Basically an airtight container with a very wide Vaseline barrier seems appropriate. Basically how I keep all my climbers actually.

I'm looking forward to getting these. My German roaches haven't been exactly multiplying as well as I thought they would. Makes me wonder if these guys will outproduce them. :o

Don't have experience with germans but if I could solve my ventilation/prevention of escape problem I'm sure the colony would explode. The ootheca seem sensitive to moisture but they produce so many it doesn't seem to matter lol. Shiny fast little creatures good luck!!!

Haha, quite a handful I suppose. They don't fly right? Basically an airtight container with a very wide Vaseline barrier seems appropriate. Basically how I keep all my climbers actually.

Well maybe? somehow someway with those same preventions found a s.longipalpa in my dubia tank last night arg.

Great. They aren't as bad as I thought with a taller enclosure they stay closer to egg crates. Very nice looking roach males bright and fast. Heard they prefer starchy food. My x pest control buddy told me they would probably stay in insectroom because house is too cold. Good luck.