I saw a roach molt!

I was feeding my dubia colony some fruits and more chow, when I saw a dubia that looked extremely weird...

It's body was much longer, I thought it was dying.. so I picked it up to see what was wrong. I inspected it and was like.. I think it's molting, so I put her down and watched and for the next 2 minutes I saw my first roach molt.

It's a very weird process if I'll ever say. It's entire body was like weird? haha I dunno how to explain it.

Anyway I just got excited and thought it was really cool too see it happen.

I am always taking pics when any of my creatures molt, but I missed one this morning. :rolleyes: If I had checked an hour earlier I would have caught another Pycnoscelus surinamensis molting. It could have been the third time this week!

Also, I have a freshly molted
Stagmomantis carolina
adult, that decided to do it sometime when I was asleep.

I like final molts the best with winged insects, It is interesting to see the wings fill out.

I just caught one of my peppered roaches molting strt to finish a day or so ago, my memory sucks, lol. It split open slowly and "pumped" itself out of it's skin, very cool to watch. :)

I just caught one of my peppered roaches molting strt to finish a day or so ago, my memory sucks, lol. It split open slowly and "pumped" itself out of it's skin, very cool to watch. :)

It was very cool to watch, and that's a great way to explain how a roach molts :). I don't know how but I've fallen in love with roaches.

My friends, girlfriend and brother call me lizrad/roach man... I was cleaning cricket crap with my hand earlier... (Now that is NASTY)... But I guess I'll do what I have to do to take care of my dragons.

Can't wait to get more roaches!

It was very cool to watch, and that's a great way to explain how a roach molts :). I don't know how but I've fallen in love with roaches.

My friends, girlfriend and brother call me lizrad/roach man... I was cleaning cricket crap with my hand earlier... (Now that is NASTY)... But I guess I'll do what I have to do to take care of my dragons.

Can't wait to get more roaches!

Don't you feed them roaches? I only keep inverts but I'm trying to convince my wife to let me buy a beardie as well. I'm sure she will love some of my...well all roaches, lol. Granted a few I may never feed off. ;)

I really don't like crickets, at least the ones from the pet store and those big black field ones. Nasty, smelly, noisy, cannibalistic little critters. Camel, Mole, and Jerusalem cricket/weta are interesting but even then I don't really want them around, lol.

Don't you feed them roaches? I only keep inverts but I'm trying to convince my wife to let me buy a beardie as well. I'm sure she will love some of my...well all roaches, lol. Granted a few I may never feed off. ;)

I really don't like crickets, at least the ones from the pet store and those big black field ones. Nasty, smelly, noisy, cannibalistic little critters. Camel, Mole, and Jerusalem cricket/weta are interesting but even then I don't really want them around, lol.

I will be feeding them roaches. I look at my roaches as money, in many senses. Adults are ¢.20-25, females $1, also I spent over $800 on them and their set up. Along with daily/bi daily fruits, only a few bucks but still.

So right now I can't afford too feed any of them. The more roaches I have, the larger my colony, the faster I can feed, and sell. IT'S HARD not just throwing a few males in my dragons tank to see them jump at them and chomp down. But I have the patients of angle or something like that. Beat up my brother once in my life.. My brother is red haired and younger, he is still a devil child to this day (19y/o). But I can wait to feed them roaches, I don't want too, but I have too <_< .

Crickets are horrible. Only a few more months... I hope :unsure:<_< Smelly, stupid, disgusting, awful creatures.

Your wife allows you to keep roaches, scorps, what ever else you got on your sig.. but not a dragon?! WHAT AND WHY!?!??!?!

My dragons eat out of my hands, lay on your lap, even poop on your lap :D, happened to my friend weeks ago. My dragon, (2 are my mom/brothers, I take care of all 3). They all have their own personality. My moms is just relaxed as anything, she'll just be chill. Mine was very scared because it got into a fight with my brothers, (my brothers attacked mine's leg, had it's entire leg in it's mouth..) that was a horrible few weeks... Both were in bad condition, my brothers didn't eat, mine was scared and skittish for days... But they're both AMAZING now. Physically they were both fine, but mentally it messed them up for a bit.

My brothers dragon splashed me with her tail the other day while giving her a bath. She had to have known what she was doing, she was just whipping her tail, getting water everywhere on me, the floor, ect.... After she got done, she just looked up at me... with the biggest "Troll" / Joker face ever to just see my reaction... I mean did she really? I don't know but it sure did feel that way ! :P

Dragons are costly when babies for feeding, that's for sure! But if you have lots dubias you should be good. If you love inverts, I'd really try to convince her to let you get a dragon. They're just so playful and personable, they can live very long if given a good life with proper care, I've heard like 12-15 on some? But from what I've read mostly 5-8 years.

Only complaint is there poop smells! :lol: But so do babies, and well people seem to love them ;)