My favorite container!

Alex

I have decided to share with you my favorite container for keeping small climbing species of roaches. They can be bought at The Container Store “go figure”.

There not exactly cheap "12.99" but they get the job done well. They stack very sturdily and the liner is plastic not foam like the containers at Target. The latches are on the long sides and hold very well.

Any thoughts?

DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1507.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

Wow, that is costly! I have been trying to find of better ways to ventilate some of my small climbing species' containers.

Is that an Austrailian roach in the photo? I saw one like it in my daughters room the other day. <_< I think Periplaneta are cool roaches, but we tend to get too many coming indoors sometimes. My daughter tries to save them. :lol: I am finally gaining some control over them, thank goodness.

Edit: That particular roach is pretty, if they didn't do so well around here, I would probably raise them.

I use a very similar container from walmart with blue flip locks on the sides. They seal fully if you use a thin layer of vasoline on the rim and only cost $5. Not even the smallest climbing baby could squeeze out. I use them for my Australians, Americans, P. Nivea, G. Lurida, and firefly mimics to name a few. I've never had an escape and am not worried I'll ever have any.

I have never and I mean never seen Australian's inside my house. I actually have to drive a distance in farmland and look for them myself.

Yes they are beautiful. the nymphs are just spectacular all the colors and their long legs just make them fun. P. australasiae and P.fuliginosa are amazing.

I have never and I mean never seen Australian's inside my house. I actually have to drive a distance in farmland and look for them myself.

Yes they are beautiful. the nymphs are just spectacular all the colors and their long legs just make them fun. P. australasiae and P.fuliginosa are amazing.

I have only seen the one in my house All the others spotted indoors are P.americana. I do find alot of the Austrailian nymphs in my parents backyard, along with the Pycnoscelus surinamensis. The Surinams are just about everywhere I have looked in this city, but I only find the Austrailians in a few concentrated spots. I was actually surprised to see that one in my home. I guess it was just my luck. :lol:

Periplaneta are my daughters favorite roach. She loves those long antennae. Too bad I won't let her keep them, (I have let her keep a nymph until it was adult once, before I started seeing very many). I make her take them outside now.

I use a lot of the sterilite containers too, havent tried yours yet! I sell the screen "no see em" I think on my site for .99 cents a sq foot, much cheaper than theirs. also tomorrow if I remember I will post a pic on how I do my containers if just writing this does not help, I take the lid and cut a piece of screen 3" bigger than the lid, then I just set the lid on it upside down and usually staple the folded ends together like a pillow case almost, then for the middle that usually flaps, I just stick a little hot glue and it stays on fine, when put on contaier not even the flies can escape.

ps I have small samples of the screens I carry so if anyone wants any, just send a self stamped envelope and I will throw them in for you to see.