Neat picture of a new molt on a Madagascar

cindy

I hope you don't mind I made that my desktop wallpaper. That is a really good photo.

Not at all Johnny!I consider it an honor! It is on my phone wallpaper too! :) thank you!

I always wonder, since my last direct encounter with a new molted nymph was a disaster, I never have the nerve to disturb any white roaches, I even put off maintenance for them. But I see people do it all the time. Would that hurt them?

I always wonder, since my last direct encounter with a new molted nymph was a disaster, I never have the nerve to disturb any white roaches, I even put off maintenance for them. But I see people do it all the time. Would that hurt them?

My newly-molted roaches often scurry to cover just like hardened ones, and I carry on with maintenance in all areas but the one its hiding at. You can handle them, just with extra caution and gentleness.

My newly-molted roaches often scurry to cover just like hardened ones, and I carry on with maintenance in all areas but the one its hiding at. You can handle them, just with extra caution and gentleness.

Yes, I never handle them either.. I was transferring all of them from one tank I had them in to a tub.. I had to handle it.. I was so gentle and happened to have the camera right with me. All seemed well with it after transferring thankfully! :)

Hummm.. tough to think about, but after you said that, I have never seen a dead white one in my bins... perhaps even after death, right after, or during a molt, they harden and turn black. I bet someone has done some sort of research on this.