African bullet nymphs climbing over vaseline

recluse

The title says it all. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. This morning I actually found some nymphs in my P. surinamensis colony that is stacked just below the African bullet colony. I guess I may have to go to a sealed lid for these guys.

How warm is the room? A lot of species can climb right on the Vaseline when it's cold because the Vaseline will have a higher viscosity and acts like a grippable, solid surface. If you smear it thinner or increase the temperature it should work with 100% success.

How warm is the room? A lot of species can climb right on the Vaseline when it's cold because the Vaseline will have a higher viscosity and acts like a grippable, solid surface. If you smear it thinner or increase the temperature it should work with 100% success.

That makes sense Kyle. The room is getting down to 75dgs. at night. I will wipe off the old vaseline and replace it with a new thin coat. Thanks, I guess I better do this with all my other climbing species.

I just put a light coating of Pam on the top of my climbers cages....Seems to work well for me anyways.

I have heard of pam and other cooking oils used by other people. I have always used vaseline in the eight + years of my keeping roaches. I have in the past lost a few hissers and lobsters but that was no big deal because I have so many of both and they cant survive outside of my laundry room for long due to the dryness during the summer and winter here. I did have some hissers that I quarantined due to mites and they survived a month with no food and water out in my should during 100+ degree during the summer. That was quite a shock.