G. lurida & Giant panchlora's in the same enclosure?

Ok, I may have calmed down considerably since my initial discovery of all the awesome species available nowadays. After further research I think lurida's and giant panchloras might be good choices for me.

I know panchlora want things fairly wet, and I've seen more than a few people say they keep their luridas fairly damp as well. Would it be possible to house both species in the same enclosure? Are they close enough in humidity requirements/tolerances for that to work?

Also, would they bother each other? I don't want them all stressed and just tolerating such an existence, it'd be nice if they lived in peace & harmony. I've absolutely no problem housing them separately if they need to be, just thought it would make a neat display to have them housed together.

Anyone have thought's or (hopefully) definitive answers?

Ed

Thoughts on enclosure size would also be much appreciated. For instance, if I used a 10-20gal for this setup and kept one end wetter than the other would this be a happy medium?

Hello shipi, I will be getting both soon. I plan to keep the giant Panchlora in their own enclosure at first, so they can build up their number's. I am very excited to be getting Gyna lurida "yellow", I can't wait!

I see you have G. portentosa "black", very nice!

Ed

Don't worry about your question.

Btw, I'm not sure about that I have pure G. portentosa 'Black' I have to ask some people about them. Maybe I'll make a new topic with a bunch of pics about them today. The Grophadorrhina genus and the whole hisser category is so misty for me.

That is unfortunate about your portentosa, as for housing Panchlora and G. lurida together..I believe it will work, I only wished to have it verified by someone with more experience.

Hello,

as far as the moisture of substrate goes, there is more than one way to sucessfully breed roaches. Cockroaches are very adaptable. Make sure to ask the breeder you get them from how he/she keeps them. I keep my Panchlora damp and the Gyna I had some time ago I kept very dry and they had a very good reproduction rate. Other than the moisture, I use the same way of housing for them: I use airtight plastic boxes (the ones used for food items) because in both species are good climbers an fliers. Of yourse you need to cut in ventilation holes. I use about 3 to 4 inches of cocobrick substrate and coconut-halves as hiding places, which are mainly used by big nymphs and adults. The young use the subtrate to hide. Hope that helps.