New roach eating mouths to feed

bpmojo80

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I have them in 30 long glass tank, w coco coir and top soil.

when they move into their permanent home they will be on 12" of top soil, and play sand, w a top layer of cypress mulch...will post some pics soon

V.glauteri, as well as storri are on my short list...

That works for now as long as the cage is not screen top, or you will start seeing toes and tail tips missing. And screen tops with high hot spots will cause longterm dehydration.

Have you ever seen pro exotics setups for ackies they were the top breeders for a long time.

its is a screen top but 80% is sealed with a sealant. This is my 1st dwarf species, but i have produced many argus clutches... as well a few B&W tegu clutches..

A weekly 20 min soaking takes care of any shedding or dehydration issues.

pro exotics used to produce alot of quality animals. Their care sheets are the best place to get started on any of the species they cover.

12+ inches, their cage was built around a stock trough full of topsoil. Where the eggs where deposited varied based on substrate temp and moisture (IMO)

One of these days id like to take a field roach/herp trip to S. Florida.

Seems like you are familiar with good varanus husbandry...nothing like keeping ctenosaura or cyclura were a little box of substrate and a screen top won't kill them as quickly.

Well whenever you come down shoot me a pm I always offer to go roaching.