Proper Dubia humidity levels

I have been looking on random places on the internet, Most sites are saying 30-40% humidity is proper. But i have also seen on several but not tons that they are recommending near 60%. Can Anyone help me out? Would be much appreciated. Mine are running 34-39% depending which side i test, The high test is above my water crystals.

i have gradient temps and humidity in my large bin. highest temp is 100-105 F and highest humidity is 80 percent lowest temp is about 70 F and lowest humidity is about 40 percent. my roaches love it that way and i have noticed lots of breeding activity with that.

Mines staying a pretty steady 33-34%humidity. The temperatures seems decent they are very active, Its ranging from 84-86 hot side/ 76-79degrees on the cooler side. But the room i have them its a sealed insulated room i keep at around 75-79degrees and its steady humidity is around 33%. As long as i don't have molting problems and keep plenty of crystals should i be ok?

Its setup with 3 intake vents and 2 exhaust vents. I had them all sealed with a ceramic heat emitter heating the room up, have a small carbon filter hooked up too a booster fan too circulate the heat at the top of the room. I guess i will open 1 intake and 1 exhaust and see how much it effects my heat.

• 2 weeks later...

I just made a homemade humidifier out of a 1 gallon bottle and a fish tank air pump. I ran the line into my breeder box and the humidity is around 55-62% now with 85-90 degrees temp. All of it is on a timer now 12 hours on 12 off. The humidifier is doing a good job doing a slow air breeze and not a full out mist, doesn't seem too be getting anything actually wet.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.