Epilampra maya

Zephyr

There's a good chance I would never have found or been successful breeding these if it weren't for the help of the illustrious Team Carryblatta members Satchell Watts-Kerr and Alan Jeon. The original stock was collected under stones along a river in Arcadia, Florida. When frightened, the adults and nymphs scurry underwater.

Behold, Epilampra maya, the semi-aquatic Mayan cockroach!

QZ1L7ZALRZRHIRQHMRKHMR3Z2R3ZRZWLXRULMRTZFLJZQR2LFLPL0RULXRPL3LALFLBL3LPLXRCZSRWL3LNLRZCL7Z.jpg

HLGZKL8Z5LVHUHRRGHRRGHOHNHBZILUZ5L1ZGL1Z2HBHQL1ZGLWZGLVZPHUZ8LYHMLUZ7L3HXH5ZRL6ZZLGZ7HTH4H.jpg

They have bred very well for me and will hopefully be the second species from the subfamily Epilamprinae (the first being Opisthoplatia orientalis) readily available to roach hobbyists. :)

If you sell these, how much?

I don't have any for sale right now but will in the near future. :)

Wow, they look awsome! Can they swim well? Are they able to reproduce at room temperature?

I don't think we ever saw them swim into open water, but they do crawl along the bottom very quickly by grabbing onto rocks, tree roots, and other debris. I have been keeping them around 85 F because I didn't know how well they would adapt to captivity; they turned out being very prolific and I will probably end up keeping them around 75 F.