Welcome to my first post on roachforum.com! (I'm not new to the hobby though. Don't get confused there.) I saw centurion roaches available for sale on capecodraoches.com. I'd like to have some, but I hear that they can be trickier to keep than other Gyna sp. Is that true? Are they still easy to rear?

And, if anyone has ever dealt with Cape Cod Roaches, I would appreciate it if you could tell me about your experience. Are they a dealer I should avoid? Thanks!

Haha, welcome to the roach forum Tenevanica!

As far as I know the only hard part of keeping these is that they prefer a "moist substrate with good aeration", according to Kyle, which I assume means a chunky, airy substrate. Something like coconut fiber mixed in with cypress mulch and long fibred sphagnum moss. They are apparently a good transition to the more harder Gyna, G.capucina and G.bisannulata.

I haven't ordered from Capcod roaches myself, but they seem to have good reviews. And they have some REALLY rare roaches in their collection! :D Here is the review page for them on this forum: http://www.roachforu...?showtopic=5921

Haha, welcome to the roach forum Tenevanica!

As far as I know the only hard part of keeping these is that they prefer a "moist substrate with good aeration", according to Kyle, which I assume means a chunky, airy substrate. Something like coconut fiber mixed in with cypress mulch and long fibred sphagnum moss. They are apparently a good transition to the more harder Gyna, G.capucina and G.bisannulata.

I haven't ordered from Capcod roaches myself, but they seem to have good reviews. And they have some REALLY rare roaches in their collection, including Panesthia! :D Here is the review page for them on this forum: http://www.roachforu...?showtopic=5921

Thanks! I actually posted something about aerated soil on AB, but you answered my question here.

Thanks! I actually posted something about aerated soil on AB, but you answered my question here.

No problem, glad I could help! :)