OMG help!

Jesus

One of my juveline medium sized dubia roaches was in my glass of water, I drank from it until I noticed the roach swimming it must have fell from the top of the enclosure I still don't know how they are escaping I secured it recently well anyways will I get sick??? this roach obviously was not on the floor but it fell from above the enclosure to the glass of water I'm freaking out help please???

22 minutes ago, Jesus said:

One of my juveline medium sized dubia roaches was in my glass of water, I drank from it until I noticed the roach swimming it must have fell from the top of the enclosure I still don't know how they are escaping I secured it recently well anyways will I get sick??? this roach obviously was not on the floor but it fell from above the enclosure to the glass of water I'm freaking out help please???

No need to freak out, roaches are fairly clean creatures, and you won't get sick.:)

3 minutes ago, All About Insects said:

No need to freak out, roaches are fairly clean creatures, and you won't get sick.:)

Thank you :P my friend was telling me I'd get sick so I came here to ask the experts lol guess she might have thought it was a wild roach from outside not captive bred

• Like 1

Even if it was a wild roach, you'd probably still be fine. Roaches are very clean and spend a lot of time grooming. The ones that run around in your trash and then come run on your kitchen counter can be an issue, because they can't groom away all the trash germs, but even then it still wouldn't be very many germs unless it had just run across raw meat. 

Try a thick layer of petroleum jelly around the inside of the dubia enclosure, near the top. They shouldn't be able to climb through it.

• Like 1