Jump to content

Pystalla horrida


Hisserdude
 Share

Recommended Posts

Forgot to start a thread here about these beauties, oh well, better late than never! :)

Here are some pictures of the L1 nymphs when I first got them:

Pystallahorrida%25231.JPG

Pystallahorrida%25232.JPG

Pystallahorrida%25233.JPG

L1s and an L2:

Pystallahorrida%25234.JPG

Pystallahorrida%25236.JPG

And now they are all L2:

P.horrida%25237.JPG

P.horrida%25238.JPG

P.horrida%25239.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad these guys are doing well for you and there are more in the hobby in general my pair is breeding just as well as my white spots so I think these should be more available in a year or two. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, two have molted to L3 now, need to get some pictures! :D

These are becoming pretty popular, I'm sure they'll be very common in the hobby soon, already prices are dropping quite a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, my P.horrida eggs have been hatching like crazy, I've got so many nymphs now, which are feeding eagerly on small Pycnoscelus nigra nymphs, (of which I have a seemingly endless supply). Here are some pictures of them! :)

PystallaHatchlings%25231.JPG

PystallaHatchlings%25232.JPG

PystallaHatchlings%25233.JPG

PystallaHatchlings%25237.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Salmonsaladsandwich said:

Nice! They sure are leggy.

Around how many have hatched?

Yes they are quite spindly, they remind me of some spiders! :)

Around 50+ have hatched, and they just keep coming! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hisserdude said:

Yes they are quite spindly, they remind me of some spiders! :)

Around 50+ have hatched, and they just keep coming! 

Wow, considering that you only have a few females that's a really good hatch rate. No matter how much my population of adult Platymeris grows I always have an abysmally slow trickle of nymphs hatching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Salmonsaladsandwich said:

Wow, considering that you only have a few females that's a really good hatch rate. No matter how much my population of adult Platymeris grows I always have an abysmally slow trickle of nymphs hatching. 

Yeah I've only got four females, but man do they lay a ton of eggs! I've also been keeping the eggs pretty warm, which seems to really speed up their development. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Psydeus565 said:

Please, please make these available for purchase if you have extras! They're so seldom offered!

Sorry, really not planning on selling any for a while, my Pycnoscelus nigra colony needs a lot of culling, so I'm trying to build up a huge army of these things LOL! If I ever do sell any, I'll let you know! ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hisserdude said:

Sorry, really not planning on selling any for a while, my Pycnoscelus nigra colony needs a lot of culling, so I'm trying to build up a huge army of these things LOL! If I ever do sell any, I'll let you know! ;)

No worries, just hoping that they spread through the hobby some more!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Psydeus565 said:

No worries, just hoping that they spread through the hobby some more!

I hope so too, luckily I think a lot of people have been successful in breeding them last year, so this year you should see more available! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 years later...

I suspect them are quite small as adults so I should probably not keep any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dogpack said:

I suspect them are quite small as adults so I should probably not keep any.

No, these things are HUGE as adults, 2-3 couple inches at least (quite large for an assassin bug).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm learning.  I know nothing about them at the moment.  Why assassin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...