Yeah... I wrote a song lol! 😛 It's a comedic song about the Perisphaerinae revision that came out this year, directed towards people who still use the old names, (even when many of them have been informed of the changes). 

Watch it here

Just to be clear, I'm not actually trying to insult or hate on anyone for using the old names, just trying to inform people in a (hopefully) funny way. :D

• Like 1

Good to hear from you, albeit it in an unexpected way! 

I really do like your song! It's quite an unusual method to educate people on the subject of name revisions :) 
If there a new species to be described, can they contact you for a musical version? 

In any case, I shared it on my facebook page. 

Thanks Hisserdude! 

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2018 at 1:24 PM, stanislas said:

Good to hear from you, albeit it in an unexpected way! 

I really do like your song! It's quite an unusual method to educate people on the subject of name revisions :) 
If there a new species to be described, can they contact you for a musical version? 

In any case, I shared it on my facebook page. 

Thanks Hisserdude! 

Hah thanks, I really appreciate the compliments! :D Yeah I thought it'd be an interesting way to teach people about the revision, let's see if it works. 😛

Lol I've actually had a couple requests for new songs, one about molting individuals vs albinos, and one about the history of the Perisphaerinae taxonomy! 😂 I was really planning on this being a one-off sort of deal, but who knows, maybe I'll write more songs in the future! (now if only I could write my own music...) 

Thanks again for the kind words! :)