Incubation ootheca of Polyphaga

I kept them fairly dry, in my Polyphaga enclosures there was always a corner or two of the substrate kept moist, the rest was bone dry. Some of the oothecae seemed to mold over or rot if kept in the wettest parts of the enclosure too long, they seemed to do best in the dryer parts of the enclosure. That said, they probably did benefit from the slightly higher ambient humidity in the enclosure, (due to the small, humid areas of the substrate), I think they'd probably do poorly without any humidity whatsoever. 

I kept mine at around 74-76F°, might have risen to 80F° in the summers. 

I think both my P.saussurei and P.aegyptiaca oothecae took over 7 months to hatch, however that time would probably have been shortened had I kept mine warmer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Я держал их достаточно сухими, в моих корпусах Polyphaga всегда был угол или два, из которых субстрат оставался влажным, остальное было сухим. Некоторые oothecae, казалось, плесневеют или гниют, если их слишком долго держать в самых влажных частях корпуса, они лучше всего работают в сушильных частях корпуса. Тем не менее, они, вероятно, выиграли от немного более высокой влажности окружающей среды в корпусе (из-за небольших влажных участков основания), я думаю, что они, вероятно, будут работать плохо без какой-либо влажности. 

Я держал мой на уровне около 74-76F °, возможно, поднялся до 80F ° летом. 

Я думаю, что и моим P.saussurei, и P.aegyptiaca  oothecae потребовалось более 7 месяцев, чтобы вылупиться, однако это время, вероятно, сократилось бы, если бы я сохранял тепло. 

Thanks a lot! :)

• Like 1