shipping questions

Since its starting to get hot, what do you guys use for cold packs when you ship? I ship small priority boxes from usps. I'm wondering what cold packs you all use that will fit in one of those boxes. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!

SMALL_FRB-L0.jpg

• Like 1

I never use cool packs for roaches, if they've got enough ventilation in their deli cups and the shipping medium isn't saturated with moisture, then most species will survive just fine even in the 90s or higher. 

Ahh i see, my last shipment had some doa's and the deli cup was all wet inside. Before i packaged it, i put a moist paper towel on the bottom of the deli cup and then leaf litter in the middle and a dry paper towel on top. Is that not a good method? I strictly use the small packaging box shown in first post

5 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Ahh i see, my last shipment had some doa's and the deli cup was all wet inside. Before i packaged it, i put a moist paper towel on the bottom of the deli cup and then leaf litter in the middle and a dry paper towel on top. Is that not a good method? I strictly use the small packaging box shown in first post

I usually get some paper towels, run them under water, and then wring out all the water I can, so that the paper is damp but not wet. I also make sure to poke a bunch of holes in the lids, sides and usually bottoms of the deli cups I ship out, you really can't have too much ventilation in the summer, since the humidity is already higher than normal, and high humidity plus low ventilation = steam-cooked inverts. 

ahhh maybe thats why they were all doa. Poor things it sucks seeing pictures of the roaches that you packed doa. They were green banana roaches, i thought htey needed moisture for the humidity that they need

• 1 month later...