How to breed Hemithyrsocera vittata?

Can hardly find any info on the net. I have a lot of adults at the moment, i've witnessed matings, but no  young and the adults dont seem to live long 😕
They have about an inched of mulched leaf litter substrate, cork hide, and fed on fish flake, beetle jelly, apple, and misc veg. The substrate was drying out a bit too easily so i tried increasing the humidity.

• 2 weeks later...

That species thrives with a means of adjusting body temperature in fact all species I have attempted that with has had great success. This can be done in a few ways either with heat tape along side the container or a very low wattage bulb inside the cage. Like 15 watts.

They need high humidity but also absolutely need good ventilation... I killed my adult females prematurely by not providing the latter... :( Otherwise your setup sounds good, definitely keep them on the warm side, at least 75F, and make sure their starter container isn't too big, Ectobiids sometimes have trouble finding food in large setups.

I've absolutely nothing to offer on this subject, but Harbinger, I've just noticed your location and I have to ask: man, where did you get these!? I've been drooling over Hemithyrsocera pics on Hisserdude's blog, but somehow thought they were only in the US hobby.

18 hours ago, WarrenB said:

I've absolutely nothing to offer on this subject, but Harbinger, I've just noticed your location and I have to ask: man, where did you get these!? I've been drooling over Hemithyrsocera pics on Hisserdude's blog, but somehow thought they were only in the US hobby.

They are actually WAY more common in the European hobby, H.palliata only recently got established here, and H.vittata have yet to get a foothold in the US hobby...

• Thanks 1

Boy is my face red. And my google-fu must be weak, too. I went down through dozens of results on two different search engines before I found one seller in Germany.

Anyway. Good to know.

(HarbingerWolf, let us know if you solve your breeding woes and end up with a surplus. 😄)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WarrenB said:

Boy is my face red. And my google-fu must be weak, too. I went down through dozens of results on two different search engines before I found one seller in Germany.

Anyway. Good to know.

(HarbingerWolf, let us know if you solve your breeding woes and end up with a surplus. 😄)

This vendor is good for Hemithyrsocera and should ship to Ireland:

http://www.schaben-spinnen.de/Content/shop.php?cat=11&start=60

• Like 1