Is it better to keep nymphs in a "nursery"?

I house both hissers and dubias in a 20 gallon terrarium. I have obtained some nymphs, but it seems as many go missing, some I am able to find later on as adults, others not. are they being eaten? am i just not seeing them? am I accidentally burying them under the substrate when I clean their habitat? I got a much smaller terrarium that I plan on using for raising future nymphs, but wanted to ask about the possible causes to the interpreted disappearances of the others.

Are there any gaps in the lid? Hisser nymphs are amazing escape artists and can squeeze out of the smallest of gaps.

13 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Are there any gaps in the lid? Hisser nymphs are amazing escape artists and can squeeze out of the smallest of gaps.

haha yeah. But I do make sure there are no possible escape routes.The top of my enclosure is a tight mesh screen that slides in and locks in place.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I use foam window ?????? to make gasket lids.  With this I add clamps.  Eventually I will find a barrier that is safe to use.  There are several available but everywhere I look they are sold out or very, very expensive because of the cost of shipping.