Commercial Japanese beetle supplies and food items you probably have never heard of-second half of video 5:50

These beetle breeding items are things you never see in the US (we just see the beetle jellies, holders, splitters and a few things) and some like the anti-mite bedding sound a little dangerous. I think the special substrate water is just water? Anybody use the orange gel beads or pellets?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember seeing beetle stuff like that when I was in Japan, back in 2011!  I've been aching to go back (and not just because of the beetle stores)!  OH I miss Japan!  Thanks for posting that Orin.

And that's your daughter!?!?  I feel like I've seen that kid grow up through the images in your books!  What brought her to Japan?  She may have said in the video, but I just skipped to the beetle part.

Next time I'm in Japan, I'm bringing so much beetle/insect stuff back!  What did you find most useful from the box she sent you? 

Here are some photos I took from my visit, some of it is like what she sent you.  I remember selling some of the stuff I brought back, you got some of the Japanese beetle jellies from me, remember?

The "Decayed Tree" were great for Stag Beetle larvae.  I sold some and used a few.  I wish I had more of them!

CIMG2066.JPG.9178708281fe2bb28f7578fc1a3b7b21.JPG

This is one of the additives for substrate, it's commonly used.

CIMG2080.JPG.93900b9614de965d378b00c1b583db6b.JPG

She decided after getting her engineering degree she wanted to be an English Teacher in Japan at least for a while. She posts videos every week but still hasn't posted an insect store video yet. She has been there since summer 2019. I haven't used most of it since it's like spending a coin collection but she should send me more for Christmas maybe.