Hey everyone!

BlattodeaKW

Hello all at roach forum! 

my name is Kody and I have been interested in entomology my whole life, especially cockroaches. I am currently living in Northern California and am raising G. Portentosa(hybrid) and H. Palliata as pets. I’m lucky my apartment manger is an invert lover as well and she let me keep those two thank goodness but I am currently saving for a house with plans to build an insectary.

I do have a decent sized collection of mounted specimens (mostly Lepidoptera and Coleoptera) but let me tell you my megascolia procer adult pair is the crown jewel of the collection :)! Anyways I’m very excited to be here and look forward to being apart of this great community. Thank you again hisserdude and Peter C. For your aid in helping me become a member so quickly it is much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Welcome, Kody! 🙂 That's crazy lucky about the apartment manager. Hopefully you can get that house soon enough though and really expand! 

P.S: I had to look up the species, but those Megascolia procer are seriously some of the most impressive wasps I've seen. 😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, All About Arthropods said:

Welcome, Kody! 🙂 That's crazy lucky about the apartment manager. Hopefully you can get that house soon enough though and really expand! 

P.S: I had to look up the species, but those Megascolia procer are seriously some of the most impressive wasps I've seen. 😮

Thanks for the warm welcome 😊 and they’re great aren’t they! Indonesia is definitely a place I’d want to visit someday; the insects are phenomenal there especially the wasps! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, happy to see you here! :D Hope you are able to expand your collection and eventually move to a house and get that insectory going! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlattodeaKW said:

Thanks for the warm welcome 😊 and they’re great aren’t they! Indonesia is definitely a place I’d want to visit someday; the insects are phenomenal there especially the wasps! 

Oh, for sure!