Feeding cereals question

Jesus

Even though I no longer keep reptiles I still have my roach colonies (hissing roaches, dubia roaches, lobster roaches, red runner roaches) currently I feed my roaches carrots, potatoes and oats to keep the colony alive.

I have some sealed box cereals that expired recently, my question is can I feed my roaches the cereals? or will they harm/kill them? the cereals are a few months expired but the boxes are new & sealed, the cereals are: frosted flakes, cornpops, cocoa krispies, regular cheerios and corn flakes

I've been wanting to know if they are safe or unsafe to feed the roaches but I can't find answers online so I came here to ask the experts

Cherios and maybe corn flakes would be fine, but I wouldn't feed them the frosted flakes, cornpops or coco crispies, too much artificial sugar and additives that might be harmful to them.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, Hisserdude said:

Cherios and maybe corn flakes would be fine, but I wouldn't feed them the frosted flakes, cornpops or coco crispies, too much artificial sugar and additives that might be harmful to them.

Okay thanks guess I'll throw the sugary cereals to the trash then, I'm not planning to eat them and I'm sure the sugar would harm the dogs as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Acro said:

All those cereals should be fine.  I've fed stuff like that to a variety of bugs (roaches included).

Good Luck and "High Five" to you for trying not to waste stuff.  ;)

Really? 😮 well I still have the boxes 😃 the other day I got rid of 2 king size milkyways that were kept in the fridge but expired on 2020, sometimes I find old stuffs that I forgot to eat for example all the oats I have for the roaches expired already but they eat it and nothing bad has happened yet but to be sure I won't feed sugary things to my hissers 👍

On 10/5/2021 at 11:28 AM, Acro said:

What's composting? Idk what that means 🤔