Female dubia with vent issues / possible prolapse

Shon2

Hey everyone, 

I have a lone female dubia roach who lives with my juvenile hissers and their mother, and for about a month now, her anal/reproductive area has looked a little more open than usual. It never seemed like a problem or looked too bad, but today when I went to feed everyone, I noticed her body was fully opened, and a white mass was pushing out. She has not mated and is not around any male hissers who could have done something like this. There have been no changes to their food or enclosure, and it’s never looked this bad before. Can anyone please tell me what’s going on with her? Does it have anything to do with her being housed with a different species? I’ve been told it was safe to keep them together and have been doing so for over 2 years now. She is old as dirt and will be 4 years old in December. I just want to give my girl a good life after she’s been with me for so long. I will do whatever I can to help alleviate this problem. Please help. 

I’ll attach pictures below so y’all can see what I’m talking about. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 12:56 PM, Shon2 said:

@Hisserdude You’re the most active person I know here, do you know what’s going on? :( 

Sorry for the delayed response. Looks like a partial prolapse, happens sometimes, especially in older female roaches. This is a very mild one though, and likely harmless. Nothing to do other than to leave her be.

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 4:22 AM, Hisserdude said:

Sorry for the delayed response. Looks like a partial prolapse, happens sometimes, especially in older female roaches. This is a very mild one though, and likely harmless. Nothing to do other than to leave her be.

Thank you so much for responding!! It is such a huge relief to hear this. I will continue to keep an eye on her in case things get worse. Thanks again! 

• Like 1