Matttoadman

Do your roaches prefer the red pieces too?

8 posts in this topic

I have noticed in my Javanica hissers and Nauphoeta that they always eat the red pieces of dog food immediately. My pantanals won't eat dog food however. Have any of you guys seen this in your species?

Hummm...Do you mean the dry dog food in kibble form? What brand are you using? Do you have the three colors of brown, red and tan?

I doubt they have red color receptors. So if it IS about color, you have to think about what color that thing is if you take away its redness.

Try dyeing anouther one with beet juice so its red and seperateing normal red from beet red then you can tell if its color but then again maybe they will like the beet juice : P

I just have a cheap brand I got from the dollar tree. Brown tan and a red. The red pieces are round, where as the brown bone shaped and tan rectangle. So it could be a shape thing I guess.

I just have a cheap brand I got from the dollar tree. Brown tan and a red. The red pieces are round, where as the brown bone shaped and tan rectangle. So it could be a shape thing I guess.

That's the same brand I use! My roaches seem to like them all the same though.

I also use that same brand. I prefer to use the red peirced because it's easy to see them in the cage rather than the tan or brown pieces.

maybe its the flavor of the red ones they prefer.