Jump to content
ChiManSam

Gromphadorhina oblongonota

Recommended Posts

I very interested in breeding this species, I have Madagascar Hissers, Dubia, Discoids, Orange Head

and Red Runners, Id like try breeding these, are there for sale?

Wire Hisser 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an ugly population you have! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, G. oblongota are available for purchase -- and they are amazing. So huge and very prone to "hissy fits." I recommend placing a wanted ad in the classifieds to find a breeder. I have a handful of small nymphs available, but you might want to find someone with adult pairs to jump start your colony. If you're interested, send me a private message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gromphadorhini said:

What an ugly population you have! :(

Very clearly Gromphadorhina hybrids, even mixes of the more unique species end up looking like these over time. 

Also, BTW, this is quite an old thread, probably won't get much response from the OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Ясно, что  гибриды Gromphadorhina , даже смеси более уникальных видов, в конечном итоге выглядят как эти. 

Yes, unfortunately, the problem of hybridization is very acute. It is necessary to strictly label cultures and by all means prevent hybridization.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gromphadorhini said:

Yes, unfortunately, the problem of hybridization is very acute. It is necessary to strictly label cultures and by all means prevent hybridization.

Exactly, as mislabeled hybrid stocks are severely damaging the availability of pure stock... Especially when people decide to "strengthen" their bloodlines of pure stock, (an unnecessary measure IMO), and accidentally mix in hybrids to their colony... 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Exactly, as mislabeled hybrid stocks are severely damaging the availability of pure stock... Especially when people decide to "strengthen" their bloodlines of pure stock, (an unnecessary measure IMO), and accidentally mix in hybrids to their colony... 😕

Those look like a mix of Gromphadorhina portentosa and one of the "princisia," I don't see any  G. oblongonota features.  

I think you can only destroy a pure stock by mixing other things in but usually people who have these hybrids bought them as something else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 часов назад Олпет Роуч сказал:

Они выглядят как смесь Gromphadorhina portentosa и одного из «princisia», я не вижу каких-либо   особенностей Г. oblongonota .  

Я думаю, что вы можете уничтожить только чистый запас, смешные другие вещи, но обычно люди.

Yes, indeed, the signs of Gromphadorhina oblongonota are completely invisible here. Apparently this is G. portentosa at the base of the hybrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Allpet Roaches said:

Those look like a mix of Gromphadorhina portentosa and one of the "princisia," I don't see any  G. oblongonota features.  

I think you can only destroy a pure stock by mixing other things in but usually people who have these hybrids bought them as something else.

Yeah probably, as the OP is looking for oblongonota, I'm assuming these are just random hissers he already had, probably labeled as portentosa or whatever. 

You'd be surprised how many people nowadays think mixing in new bloodlines, regardless of the source is a good thing... 🙃 Exactly, and that's a problem, as there has been an increase in people keeping and selling mislabeled hybrid stocks, and a decrease in people buying and selling pure stocks... As many hybrid stocks breed faster than the pure bred ones and thus are available more often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×