Armadillo officinalis care?

FlamingSwampert

They're actually in the genus Armadillo, not Armadillidium. 🙂 They've seemed quite easy in my experience. I give mine moderate ventilation with a lightly moist substrate that's about 2-3 inches deep. I hear that they're adapted to arid environments in nature, so they should be able to take some dryness.

1 hour ago, All About Arthropods said:

They're actually in the genus Armadillo, not Armadillidium. 🙂 They've seemed quite easy in my experience. I give mine moderate ventilation with a lightly moist substrate that's about 2-3 inches deep. I hear that they're adapted to arid environments in nature, so they should be able to take some dryness.

Yep, I just came back to fix that typo once I realized... 😁. What variety do you have / reccomend?

10 minutes ago, FlamingSwampert said:

What variety do you have / reccomend?

I'm currently keeping an unlabeled line of A.officinalis. Not sure if habitat preferences vary at all between the different localities that are available.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

According to my research, keeping one side of the enclosure wet but not soggy, then the middle lesss wet, then the other side on the dry side is a good idea so they can choose where they want to be.