Biocontrol of fungus gnats

MarkEd

Has anyone tried nematodes or mites in their isopod culture? I fear it may impact on the isopods themselves, but the wife is threatening to bin them, so  getting desperate.

Have gestroi, potions, and hoffs, all newish cultures max 3 months, will it settle down? Have very healthy springtail cultures in all bins.

Predatory mites work well, so do "Gnatrol" type products of bacteria that specifically target Dipterans and not other inverts. Neither of these bother isopods.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 5:21 AM, MarkEd said:

Has anyone tried nematodes or mites in their isopod culture? I fear it may impact on the isopods themselves, but the wife is threatening to bin them, so  getting desperate.

Have gestroi, potions, and hoffs, all newish cultures max 3 months, will it settle down? Have very healthy springtail cultures in all bins.

I see some people use the mosquito dunks or bites available at many garden stores (chunks of material filled with entomophagus bacteria) which should be fine for crustaceans. 

• Thanks 1