Long term roach colony success

I can find little discussion on what it takes to be successful at managing colonies over a period of years. Looking to expand with some of the more common species like little Kenyans and glowspots but I'm overwhelmed by the prospect of managing ever increasing colony populations. How do you successfully manage roach colonies long term and their ever looming population growth? Selling locally for me is not an option as no one is interested. Culling is not something I like to do.

Maybe you could try getting some insectivorous animals to help relieve your colonies? Besides that, selling/trading and culling are really the only other options. If colonies get too large, they will technically manage themselves by crashing and eventually repopulating, but this is the worst option ethically.

• Like 1

Some species just kinda control their own populations and honestly don't need much culling.

I just received my Halloween Hisser colony start today.  Now It's wait and see what happens over the years.