Misc. musings

JSUN

...***note: I am just a hobbiest that reads alot about roaches, and these are just my opinions.... despite my rather large collection.

just curious, when you said large collection, i was wondering how large? can i get a list?

just curious, when you said large collection, i was wondering how large? can i get a list?

...It seems I have a few more species than the average collector, though I would like to see more people with more in thier collection. I don't really have a "list" to publish. I do not sell roaches and rarely trade.

though I would like to see more people with more in thier collection. I don't really have a "list" to publish. I do not sell roaches and rarely trade.

are you saying that you want to see people list their roaches or are you saying that you want more people in the hobby to have more species in their collection. sorry i didn't understand it very clearly. hope you can clarify, thanks.

are you saying that you want to see people list their roaches or are you saying that you want more people in the hobby to have more species in their collection. sorry i didn't understand it very clearly. hope you can clarify, thanks.

I do not need to see anyone list anything, but would like to see the invertebrate hobby grow more popular and for keeping roaches in particular. But wouldn't we all? ;)

I do not sell roaches and rarely trade.

Matt, in order for more and more people to get into the hobby, you, as hobbyist have to introduce them. you have to either sell off your excessive amount to others or trade them with others so that everyone can expand their collection.

I was originally introduce into the roach hobby by a friend, Gorge William, about 5 years ago when he gave me some lobster roaches as feeders.

so when you say that you want to see more n more people in the hobby expand their collection, but you said that you do not sell roaches or rarely trade, it is hard for me to see that happening if there are a lot of hobbyists out there that feel the same way.

btw, this is not an arguement, if you like to talk about this, it is just a mild conversation and a discussion. please do not feel offended because i meant no offense, just sharing my point of view.

thanks

O K ok ok !! Don't Panic! :blink::P

Eventually there are ways for all the domestic species to get "shared". Whether or not I personally unload stock or not has no bearing on if anyone else can get them or not. Donald "Roach" Trump I am not. ;)

Basically, I DO NOT sell roaches because I don't want to take away from my personal enjoyment of the hobby. Buying and selling is a hobby unto itself. There are plenty of dealers selling just about any species whenever they are available. I have personal circumstances and wishes which dictate that I must remain as I always have been...a private hobbyist.

Though I take it as a compliment that someone would want to buy what I have ;)

:huh:

Matt, in order for more and more people to get into the hobby, you, as hobbyist have to introduce them.

There are plenty of species available, more than anyone would want to take care of. It's not sharing roaches, it's sharing information, interest and excitement that gets people into the hobby (things like this message board, the Allpet Roaches book and the BCG and ACS).

There are plenty of species available, more than anyone would want to take care of. It's not sharing roaches, it's sharing information, interest and excitement that gets people into the hobby (things like this message board, the Allpet Roaches book and the BCG and ACS).

personally, I have to get some hand on feelings in order for me to like something. When my friend first talked about it, i was thinking, "ewww roaches, ok, so they like to eat left overs and breed, but so what," but when i had them in my possession, then that was when i became fascinated.

I can understand not wanting to sell because collecting packing and shipping is a pain in the youknowhere. I do fish also, so if you think roaches take a long time to pack try getting some fish ready to be shipped. But that being said it doesn’t take much effort to share the surplus locally if you don’t wish to sell. That is what the hobby is all about.