Looking for info on former breeder's stock

I've recently acquired a pair of Macropanesthia rhinoceros and the seller told me that they had gotten their stock from Dexter Davson (Double D's Roaches) around 2011. Does anyone know where Dexter's stock came from? I'm hoping to breed my rhino's in the future and so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about their lineage.

Thanks!

On 10/4/2022 at 6:25 AM, kadupul said:

I've recently acquired a pair of Macropanesthia rhinoceros and the seller told me that they had gotten their stock from Dexter Davson (Double D's Roaches) around 2011. Does anyone know where Dexter's stock came from? I'm hoping to breed my rhino's in the future and so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about their lineage.

Thanks!

Most of the older Macropanesthia populations here in the US all came from the same source stock I believe, they were apparently brought in from Japan, where they'd been legally imported from Australia.

@Allpet Roaches likely knows more about their lineage.

On 10/5/2022 at 4:41 PM, Hisserdude said:

Most of the older Macropanesthia populations here in the US all came from the same source stock I believe, they were apparently brought in from Japan, where they'd been legally imported from Australia.

@Allpet Roaches likely knows more about their lineage.

Actually I don't, mine came from captive born, one of the oldest posts on this forum talks about the specific F1 babies. I always figured all the other imports came from European imports of wild adults through the Australian insect farm, but my imaginings are PURE SPECULATION.