Byrsotria rothi w/ full wings?

Gsc

This past week I've finally had a few of my B. rothi culture begin to mature. So far I have 3 males and 1 female. All three males have FULL length wings. The female looks like all the pics I have seen of B. rothi- dark coloration, SHORT wings & light colored mark across the front. From everything I've seen, B. rothi males usually have about 2/3 body length wings.... has anyone ever heard of full length wings on B. rothi?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

This past week I've finally had a few of my B. rothi culture begin to mature. So far I have 3 males and 1 female. All three males have FULL length wings. The female looks like all the pics I have seen of B. rothi- dark coloration, SHORT wings & light colored mark across the front. From everything I've seen, B. rothi males usually have about 2/3 body length wings.... has anyone ever heard of full length wings on B. rothi?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

I've seen that species around and have seen no information on what it is but the three described Byrsotria have somewhat short wings on the males.

In my small colony of b. fumigata some males have full wings and others have half wings. No idea why. I thought it was just one individual with stumpy wings but it turns out about half my males have stumpy wings. I'm wondering now if I have some fumigata and rothi mixed together. Hmm..

Or maybe wing sizes just vary. Seems kind of odd but I guess it could happen. I have noticed that my winged ones are more popular with the ladies. The stumpies usually get chased off. Their mating dance seems to involve their wings a lot so that might be why.

In my small colony of b. fumigata some males have full wings and others have half wings. No idea why. I thought it was just one individual with stumpy wings but it turns out about half my males have stumpy wings. I'm wondering now if I have some fumigata and rothi mixed together. Hmm..

Or maybe wing sizes just vary. Seems kind of odd but I guess it could happen. I have noticed that my winged ones are more popular with the ladies. The stumpies usually get chased off. Their mating dance seems to involve their wings a lot so that might be why.

Have you posted pics of your B.fumigata? If those are the ones I remember they don't look anything like B.fumigata.