Hissers and lobsters

I wouldn't recommend it. They would probably be fine for a couple days or another short period of time, but they would compete for food. The hissers might end up eating freshly molted lobsters, or vice-versa if the hissers have babies. Considering the giant hissers' size, they wouldn't be hurt by lobsters.

Your lobsters would be fine. He means that on a large scale, one species will eventually outcompete the other for food and such. But with just two hissers, you shouldn't have much of a problem as Orin already mentioned.

I'd be curious to hear what happens. Lobsters are very territorial-----I've actually seen some of the roaches guard and fight off others away from the food. Anybody else witness this? They display by raising their wings which seems to me a sign of dominance. I wonder how they would react to a couple of larger roaches coming into their 'community'.

Keep us posted!

I actually have tried experiments with Hissers and lats (Male are pretty territorial and will try to "spike" each other with their legs). This came about probably from deep rooted childhood memories of throwing spiders into ant’s nests. I have way too much spare time on my hands and am easily entertained, so why not. Anyhow, the lats didn't even really recognize that there was another living thing in the cage and just crawled over my hisser who decided to munch down on some apple from the night before. Maybe if I got a species that was more closely related I could have seen a difference (presumably more of the pheromones and signals are more similar so a reaction may occur). I should maybe spend more of my time with two legged beings than with my six legged ones.

I'd be curious to hear what happens. Lobsters are very territorial-----I've actually seen some of the roaches guard and fight off others away from the food. Anybody else witness this? They display by raising their wings which seems to me a sign of dominance. I wonder how they would react to a couple of larger roaches coming into their 'community'.

Keep us posted!