Best Vacation Spots For Hunting Bugs?

BoogleBug

We're planning a vacation for next year, and I'm really curious what places in the world would be best for exploring nature and finding some really interesting specimens? I don't care for cruises or staying at hotels or any of the fancy-schmancy stuff, I just want to travel somewhere new, preferably tropical, but within a reasonable budget. I'd love to go to a place that allowed you to explore by yourself and just hunt around for bugs to photograph or study. Somewhere not too populated, but not dangerously uninhabited, either. Any ides?

I live in the US, and so far the best and most exciting place I can think of that I'd love to go is the Galapagos, but I've read that its insect wildlife isn't all too exciting? Which doesn't make much sense to me as I know of many exotic species which live in South America. Are there any other areas in South America that would be better for insect enthusiasts? :)

Your answer depends entirely on what you're looking for. Have you ever been to Arizona collecting bugs? The variety of bugs is amazing and you can keep some of the bugs you collect or just take photos. The ATS is organizing a bunch of field trips this year near Rio Rico during the conference. The one place I would want to go bug hunting in the future is Peurto Rico.

Your answer depends entirely on what you're looking for. Have you ever been to Arizona collecting bugs? The variety of bugs is amazing and you can keep some of the bugs you collect or just take photos. The ATS is organizing a bunch of field trips this year near Rio Rico during the conference. The one place I would want to go bug hunting in the future is Peurto Rico.

I would have to say Costa Rica. Folllowed by a close second place tie of Tanzania and Arizona.