Porcellio sp. colorform

Beautiful! I've found two pure white wild specimens, but couldn't isolate the line. Speaking of white isopods, I've got a species I couldn't find on Bugguide. Anyone know of a 4mm pinkish-white, soft-bodied isopod with short, thick antennae and a slightly domed body?

WOW WOW WOW!!! Paradox Albino Sowbug!

I've been trying to reproduce an albino Porcellio that appeared in my group, but no success so far. I found a 2nd albino in my yard yesterday, so fingers crossed.

But wow, nothing as cool as that one Orin.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, that is awesome! I have been wanting to start a colony of these, for some reason I have been really interested in them. I have passed down trades of colonies before, and now I regret it.

Nick

What types of isopods did you have a chance to get before?

One member suggested "dalmation" for the variety name. I like it.

I have three adults (only one last generation) and they have popped out a few batches and so far it looks like the immatures are going to be the same color. We'll see how it goes but it ought to be easy to isolate a solid white from these or just possibly solid black. Solid white wouldn't be as nice looking but black would be more impressive.

Name suggestions: Cookies n' Creme or White Chocolate. Hopefully it won't mislead buyers into thinking they are edible. :P

Solid black is a very cool idea.