Infested!

vfox

I just saw a show called Infested on Animal Planet and they had a bit on cockroach infestation. This is when it hit me how different my opinion of cockroaches is from the general public. I thought, man, I wish I could have all of those. Especially the shot with like 1000 Periplaneta americana lol. I'm sick, in a very good way. :P

I saw that too, last night at like 1 0'clock. hahaha. It was pretty interesting

Yep. The one with the scorpions on afterwards kinda annoyed me though. They are talking about bark scorpions (Centruroides species) but they show a desert hairy spadix morph instead. AP is basically saying "we don't care about accuracy, it's all about SHOCK VALUE!" Feh, makes me lose major respect for them.

AP is basically saying "we don't care about accuracy, it's all about SHOCK VALUE!"

Quote for infuriating truth. As for the 1,000s of roaches, with pest species it shouldn't take you too long!

Yeah, in recent years Animal Planet has decided that shock value keeps up their ratings while factual accuracy does not.

It bothers me when I see the inaccurate animal shows, even my 5 year old daughter has pointed out misinformation on some of the shows. <_< It is sad that many kids and adults will learn this and think it is true.Has anyone seen the bug war show where they add "frightening" animal sounds when the bugs are fighting. :lol: That one really had me annoyed, but It was amusing.

It bothers me when I see the inaccurate animal shows, even my 5 year old daughter has pointed out misinformation on some of the shows. <_< It is sad that many kids and adults will learn this and think it is true.Has anyone seen the bug war show where they add "frightening" animal sounds when the bugs are fighting. :lol: That one really had me annoyed, but It was amusing.

I agree likebugs (but I found that bug fighting pretty damn funny!)

Or look at shows like "lost tapes" where they don't even have real animals, they're about "monsters" :(

I agree likebugs (but I found that bug fighting pretty damn funny!)

Or look at shows like "lost tapes" where they don't even have real animals, they're about "monsters" :(

The roaring centipede had me laughing, or was it making bovine sounds. :lol: Sometimes I sympathize with that guy that held people hostage at the Discovery Channel headquarters, because he couldn't stand the garbage that they are airing lately.

The roaring centipede had me laughing, or was it making bovine sounds. :lol: Sometimes I sympathize with that guy that held people hostage at the Discovery Channel headquarters, because he couldn't stand the garbage that they are airing lately.

I lol'ed so hard

IMO, the channel just rode downhill after Steve Irwin was gone. Types of roaches really can have bad infestations like that, but nobody ever portrays the nice species. Same thing with wasps

Ever see Billy the exterminator lol? That wacko hates wasps.

He makes me want to hurt him... very badly. He used an electric racket thing once to "exterminate" a small paper wasp nest with 2 females. Then he talked about how it was a job well done

Good exterminators at least have a certain kind of respect for their quarry which he obviously lacks any of

Lol he's a complete idiot in one episode he says something along the lines of "If you want to know the power of an Aligator imagine what it feels like to be bit by a Pit bull!". Wow, I never knew Pit bulls could death roll and tear your limbs off. <_<

He makes me want to hurt him... very badly. He used an electric racket thing once to "exterminate" a small paper wasp nest with 2 females. Then he talked about how it was a job well done

Good exterminators at least have a certain kind of respect for their quarry which he obviously lacks any of

I'll be him:

" :wacko: Oh, I'm so tough! I killed harmless wasps! Oh look, they're in pain! They're just wasps" :angry::blink:;)

"Oh, wait! I got to go and make a Jack@$$ of myself on television and make millions of dollars for it!"

That guy pisses me off to the full extent :excl:

I'll be him:

" :wacko: Oh, I'm so tough! I killed harmless wasps! Oh look, they're in pain! They're just wasps" :angry::blink:;)

"Oh, wait! I got to go and make a Jack@$$ of myself on television and make millions of dollars for it!"

That guy pisses me off to the full extent :excl:

welcome to modern television

• 4 weeks later...