Clawed Frogs Mating

Zephyr

Nice! You didn't have to inject them with hormones to get the female to ovulate? This is the most common way to do it as they can be tricky! Did you actually see the eggs be released and the male fertilize them?

"She's got a big waist" :lol:

Nope; she bred the ol' fashioned way. It seems like the temperature in my basement is just right for mimicking the natural conditions they would experience at each time of year; I have two other females ovulating right now too! I occasionally see the females release eggs and she still had a few more coming out when I separated the pair (it took them two nights to actually produce eggs.)

He eventually found his way into the appropriate position and he didn't move from it once he got there. lol

Nope; she bred the ol' fashioned way. It seems like the temperature in my basement is just right for mimicking the natural conditions they would experience at each time of year; I have two other females ovulating right now too! I occasionally see the females release eggs and she still had a few more coming out when I separated the pair (it took them two nights to actually produce eggs.)

He eventually found his way into the appropriate position and he didn't move from it once he got there. lol

The GOOD "ol' fashioned way" :lol: "the appropriate position" :lol:

Good news everyone! The eggs have been predominantly fertile! I have about 100 tadpoles who should all be in their free-swimming stage tomorrow! I found out the female isn't het for anything, but at least she had the reticulated trait. I can't wait to see what their babies look like! :)

Good news everyone! The eggs have been predominantly fertile! I have about 100 tadpoles who should all be in their free-swimming stage tomorrow! I found out the female isn't het for anything, but at least she had the reticulated trait. I can't wait to see what their babies look like! :)

Cool! They're transparent and filter feeding.....

Good luck! Separate them early because when they become froglets, they will eat each other....

Cool! They're transparent and filter feeding.....

Good luck! Separate them early because when they become froglets, they will eat each other....

awww, we need an update video, and i want some...