Reinforced cockroach container prototype

Oh nice you actually found some! Keep these guys in the trade, us northerners arnt worried about them becoming a pest so some of us would be interested in them once they get underway. (at least Kyle and myself, lol)

Their babies are tiny tiny tiny, you may want to put a secondary screen on each part slightly shifted to make the holes smaller. Personally I dont see a need for side ventilation of these guys, I'd keep them in a locking flap sterlite container with a single top vent. It's how I keep my Americans and Panchlora. The small ones are like 3.50 at walmart, I use them for all of my small cultures. And they are stackable which is handy. At anyrate keep us posted on them once they arrive, they are pretty neat looking little guys.

Lucky! I've been looking for S. longipalpa forever! Let us know when you get them going! :P

If they're anything like my Germans you'll have tons in no time.

I second the notion; either get some microscreen or do a double or triple layer for the normal stuff. I don't trust my Germans so I don't give them any ventilation; they're doing just fine.

Oh nice you actually found some! Keep these guys in the trade, us northerners arnt worried about them becoming a pest so some of us would be interested in them once they get underway. (at least Kyle and myself, lol)

Their babies are tiny tiny tiny, you may want to put a secondary screen on each part slightly shifted to make the holes smaller. Personally I dont see a need for side ventilation of these guys, I'd keep them in a locking flap sterlite container with a single top vent. It's how I keep my Americans and Panchlora. The small ones are like 3.50 at walmart, I use them for all of my small cultures. And they are stackable which is handy. At anyrate keep us posted on them once they arrive, they are pretty neat looking little guys.

No need for side ventalation just for observation. Thanks for the advice going to get some micro sqreen ASAP.

Is this a paint can? can't tell?

Its a 5 gallon paint can. Wanted a screw lid but could not find one. Saw this idea in an old forum somewhere. After some great advice scratching this idea for any little species going for the lock tight containers. Luckily I have time the weather has been too cold everywhere but here in Cali.

No need for side ventalation just for observation. Thanks for the advice going to get some micro sqreen ASAP.

[/quote

(Screen)lol. Anyway of course I will share my cultures once they get going. How do you recommend changing food and water crystals with noxious species? That is part that worries me the most. My wife will shut down all my fun or I'll move out, probably the latter cause I love my roaches lol. Would be good to know eventually would like some Americans. Thanks Ian

(Screen)lol. Anyway of course I will share my cultures once they get going. How do you recommend changing food and water crystals with noxious species? That is part that worries me the most. My wife will shut down all my fun or I'll move out, probably the latter cause I love my roaches lol. Would be good to know eventually would like some Americans. Thanks Ian

If you get the sterlite bins just get the clear locking ones and use a 3-4 inch very thin layer of vasoline around the top. You will be able to see them, open the lid without worry of any being on it, and see the condition of food and water gel easily.

I just got a colony of Americans, I have like 20 adults and I am waiting on their population explosion. They are easily contained the same way but with a tall bin instead because the Americans can hop a bit. I almost lost two behind my couch because of my short bin so I changed them into a tall bin without issue. They are fun to observe, rather large, and very fast ( both speed and breeding) .

Now I know what to do when my husband is out of line. :lol: I will raise a pest species of roach. :D

If you get the sterlite bins just get the clear locking ones and use a 3-4 inch very thin layer of vasoline around the top. You will be able to see them, open the lid without worry of any being on it, and see the condition of food and water gel easily.

I just got a colony of Americans, I have like 20 adults and I am waiting on their population explosion. They are easily contained the same way but with a tall bin instead because the Americans can hop a bit. I almost lost two behind my couch because of my short bin so I changed them into a tall bin without issue. They are fun to observe, rather large, and very fast ( both speed and breeding) .

Took your advice. Went to target no walmart allowed in this county. Got some sterlite containers thx. My hissers seem happy with their new bucket home.