Roach Rack?

beazer

I'm just curious if anybody has made something like this and if they have pics of it? I was kind of thinking about making one for my Blaptica dubia colony because I hate having their colonies stacked with heat pads, lol. I would also like to know what building material was used. Post pics if you have any, thanks!

-Jon DeLong

I'm just curious if anybody has made something like this and if they have pics of it? I was kind of thinking about making one for my Blaptica dubia colony because I hate having their colonies stacked with heat pads, lol. I would also like to know what building material was used. Post pics if you have any, thanks!

-Jon DeLong

Are you talking about something like the heated reptile racks that use heat tape. I just supplement heat in my laundry room with an oil filled electric heater.

Yes, something along those lines. I have an explosive population of dubia but had dealing with the lids and want something I can just slide in and out (I plan on getting monitors and more geckos soon). I am not quite sure I know of what you are talking about?

-Jon DeLong

i use all my reptile racks interchangeably snakes, geckos, roaches, beetles, scorpions, etc. your dubias don't climb so no modification are necissary, but if in the future you get some climbers just build a top for the tub with a wood frame and mesh stapled to it. the mesh lid can slide into the rack with the tub. most my racks are made from MDF. make sure the wood is sealed if there is bare wood the humidity will make the wood swell and warp and the tubs will not slide smoothly if at all. i've use quarters and thin wood for spacers while building. screw it i'll just make a diagram.

roach%20racks.jpg