Field 'Roaching' for P.surinamensis

P.surinamensis are really cool in my opinion, and they are quite easy to find here in south Florida. Found over 60 nymphs and adult females under a big piece of wood. had to do a little bit of digging but the deeper I went the more I found.

I wish all the Florida species were this easy to find <_<post-2573-0-07412400-1307544433_thumb.jpg

Yep, that looks about right. :lol: I just walk out into my yard and lift something and its easy pickings from there. Unfortunately, I don't find anything else except Periplaneta species and they tend to be where I don't want them. <_<

I am thinking about checking around in some of the sand pine scrub areas that are around here. There are usually creatures there that won't be found in other nearby areas. I have never checked for roaches there, but you never know...

Yep, that looks about right. :lol: I just walk out into my yard and lift something and its easy pickings from there. Unfortunately, I don't find anything else except Periplaneta species and they tend to be where I don't want them. <_<

I am thinking about checking around in some of the sand pine scrub areas that are around here. There are usually creatures there that won't be found in other nearby areas. I have never checked for roaches there, but you never know...

I have never seen surinams here in NM. I do have a small culture of them going and they are pretty cool IMO also.

Good find.smile.gif

Still you're thankful since you get to see and catch medium sized wild species in there.

In here, so far I have only seen 2 species and they are really small as adults.