cuts from battle

roachboy

one of my roaches has a gash on his stomach and I was wondering if there is anything I can do for this.I think his been hurt by one of the larger males.So is there anything that can be done other then moveing it.

Other tarantula hobbyists use a technique by isolating their pet in an "ICU".

They prepare a small plastic container and fill the bottom with moist tissue, sprayed with water, and then put the pet in there and monitor for signs of progress.

They say this helps heal the wound.

Maybe this would work on a roach? We might as well try and see if it works considering that both animals have exoskeletons.

I second both of those suggestions. ;) Roaches are very sturdy and I think it's likely that he'll pull through. Don't feed him for a couple days while he's quarantined, but after that give a little fish food or green bean or something exceptionally healthy.

Thanks everyone for their help.I will try to update everyone in a week :).He's is a plasic box by hisself. and I have attempted to clean the area a bit.He still hissed and dug his legs deep into my thumb so that is a positive sign.I am hoping the wound will be healed in about 2 weeks.He drunk a little water today.

Just leting everyone know he has seemed to pull threw.I cleaned to wound twice left him in a cage by himself therw do to the lachk of roaches with these guys am gong keep them all seprated in female /male pairs and maybe try to rder a few females to see if I can get this species back off the ground.All my other colonys have 10 females for every male and are doing just fine.But these guys are to bussy trying to harm each other to make sweet love down by the fire.Am glad his pulled threw though.Now I just got to make sure the males are seprated and dem the lights and play some barry manilow to get the roaches in the mood