Hi again from mexico city !

TiercelR

Hi all, greetings from mexico city.

I was the third roach-fan saying "hi" here in the forum when it had just a very very few hours living online !

But i was out this forum since a long time untill now, but i had started a fresh new account here because i had lost my old e-mail and my old password here among it.

I don´t know if my old friend Peter Clausen still remember me :) !

I had haved small colonies of Hissers and Lobsters, and very soon i will start my first colony of S. lateralis, so i am very motivated because i will own my very first red-runners !

Also actually i have a few individuals of 3 different species of stick-insects, these 3 different species are originated from Asia.

Thanks, regards, Roberto.

Welcome Roberto. Maybe you're referring to B. Lateralis?

Hi makoygaara, thanks !! Yes ! i mean Shelfordella Tartara or Blatta lateralis !

Hello there and welcome back!

Won't you please give us a chance to view your fantastic native roach species?

Hi Alex, thanks !! i had not taken yet pictures of the "wild" roaches of the city, but i will proudly !! :)

I didn't know before that B. Lateralis has another name. Thanks for that one.smile.gif

Hi, are they quite different species?? if yes, sorry by my own ignorance :unsure: some info i had readed (possibly not being as exactly as i had believed it before -- but i can´t remember now the authors) says that both names means eactly just the same species, but i may be wrong because i did believed that info :angry: please can you tell me better info abouth this both names ?? ... or just Shelfordella Tartara is a perished name for the same species ?? thanks !!

I had a colony of Lateralis before and even in the past they are called and sold as B. Lateralis here in the Philippines.

Then I searched on Google "Shelfordella Tartara" and to my surprise it refers to the same specie.

I'm amazed that it has two scientific names.

I don't know maybe its like some tarantulas which has an old name and then changed to a new one?

It is sometimes confusing.huh.giflaugh.gif

Well, anyways they are fast breeders and would surely provide you lots of feeders for your other pets.smile.gif

I had a colony of Lateralis before and even in the past they are called and sold as B. Lateralis here in the Philippines.

Then I searched on Google "Shelfordella Tartara" and to my surprise it refers to the same specie.

I'm amazed that it has two scientific names.

I don't know maybe its like some tarantulas which has an old name and then changed to a new one?

It is sometimes confusing.huh.giflaugh.gif

Well, anyways they are fast breeders and would surely provide you lots of feeders for your other pets.smile.gif

Hi, i had readed that in Europe they use to name it as Shelfordella Tartara, but in the rest of the worldwide is used to name it as Blatta lateralis. You said well as with the example of the tarantulas, however in Europe apparently this roach is rarely named as Blatta lateralis. Thats a very curious thing and interesting to have a very popular roach having at a same time two taxonomic names :blink::) .