Glow Spot roach care

I'm going to be acquiring these soon and I was wondering about their care.

Do they need to eat rotten leaves, as I've heard some places? Or is it okay to feed them just like normal roaches?

Are they as easy to take care of as hissers?

Can they be housed with coconut fiber substrate?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Peter! Great, thanks! So they don't seem to be too different from hissers, other than burrowing. How deep should the substrate be?

• 1 year later...

they dont have wings we keep ours on mulch,eco earth,moss bedding about 5 inches deep with cork bark scattered around uptop

also keep them on a similar diet to our other roaches carrots,oranges,dried leaves,and our roach chow (grain based) they dont seem to show more interest for any one food we are just careful and take out the carrots and oranges before they mold (also am very curious if they have a fav food)

as for them glowing I hope its true have a bunch of the glow mushrooms set up waiting for them to grow out too feed them

I agree , seems like these guys love dead leaves , rotting wood and some compost .. I put bug burger , fruits , veggies in there but they seem to ignore them for me..... I'll try the cork bark / lots of rotting wood trick as well , thanks MrCrackerpants.

• 4 weeks later...

i did not know you could buy those mushrooms!!!! cool! when i get some glowspots ( hopefuly soon :D) i might get those mushrooms too.