Power Ranger's Megaforce 2013 "Look who's crying?" Cockroach Footage

Allpet Roaches

And here I was expecting something about Power Ranger Roaches:

grouproach.jpg

There's been quite a few things I've watched where they call roaches some other beetle or bug. Like in The Big Bang Theory where I'm pretty sure the "dung beetle" was just a G. portentosa flipped on it's back. Or one of those horrible Syfy movies where they were using (I swear) male dubia as locusts! Hubby had to turn the channel on that one cause I was ranting so loudly.

HELLO,

WHAT KIND OF ROACHES ARE IN THIS PICTURE ABOVE?

THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

And here I was expecting something about Power Ranger Roaches:

grouproach.jpg

There's been quite a few things I've watched where they call roaches some other beetle or bug. Like in The Big Bang Theory where I'm pretty sure the "dung beetle" was just a G. portentosa flipped on it's back. Or one of those horrible Syfy movies where they were using (I swear) male dubia as locusts! Hubby had to turn the channel on that one cause I was ranting so loudly.

Were the dubia roaches a.k.a. locusts getting slaughtered? That would upset me, too. I too get tired of all the bad publicity about our poor little friends. People are so ignorant of their pretty features, gentleness, and potential uses there too offended to even say the word roach.

If anyone's ever seen Creepshow there are tons of cockroaches in that movie!

Yeah unfortunately the only thing the entertainment industry will use roaches for is scary stuff. About the only exception I know of is Bruce Berry who created a video series called The Roach Aproach. It allegorizes Bible stories like David and Goliath where Squiggs the main chraracter battles an exterminator in an arcade. All the while, Grandpa roach tells him the true story to encourage him in the fight.

Those are a group of P. aegyptica males. I have no idea why they grouped that way and haven't done it since, but it made for a heck of a cute picture. :)

There was that one episode of the X-files back in the day that didn't treat roaches as too creepy. I mean, thousands of roaches crawling out the walls was a bit much, but I thought they were rather respectful of creepy crawlies overall. (Plus, it was one of the "fun" episodes, and I always liked those.)