business for roaches

So just about everyone has heard about the Chinese roach farms. Well I don't want to quite do that YET :-) but I was thinking I'd start a business in cockroaches. I tried to sell my lateralis to a guy in California but the parents said to keep it local. Most people that live in Minnesota that has a bug eating animal usually is VERY concerned about having roaches. How do I reassure people that they are harmless, won't infest your house, and are safe to keep? Of course I only have Dubia right now but when I'm out of the house I plan to get more. I'm going to sell them cheap because if you really think about it, its actually somewhat expensive to keep buying food for animals. What do you guys think? I really want to do this with even states that border Minnesota.

• 2 weeks later...

So just about everyone has heard about the Chinese roach farms. Well I don't want to quite do that YET :-) but I was thinking I'd start a business in cockroaches. I tried to sell my lateralis to a guy in California but the parents said to keep it local. Most people that live in Minnesota that has a bug eating animal usually is VERY concerned about having roaches. How do I reassure people that they are harmless, won't infest your house, and are safe to keep? Of course I only have Dubia right now but when I'm out of the house I plan to get more. I'm going to sell them cheap because if you really think about it, its actually somewhat expensive to keep buying food for animals. What do you guys think? I really want to do this with even states that border Minnesota.

Best thing to do is start small and start selling on craigslist. Building relationships with customers is the best way to keep them. Then move towards a website. Have those craigslist people who built a relationship with write a few reviews on your website (so people know you are reputable) and start selling. Do not mess up the selling or shipping by being late a few days. One bad rep will kill your business just starting out. Best of luck!