Behold!

Nice! Very striking! Did you just catch them today? I went hiking today and found 3 parcoblatta americana nymphs! Again, very nice roaches! :)

Nice! Very striking! Did you just catch them today? I went hiking today and found 3 parcoblatta americana nymphs! Again, very nice roaches! :)

I've actually had these for couple of months without knowing that I had this species. They look so much alike to P. divisa that it's quite impossible to distinguish them from each other until they become subadults.

On a side note, congratulation on finding the americana nymphs!

Cool, it must be a nice surprise to think you have one species and you actually have two! Hope they breed for you!

And thanks, I hope one of them is a male, and I hope that my adult female will last long enough to mate with him! Do the nymphs grow while they are in their cool period?

Cool, it must be a nice surprise to think you have one species and you actually have two! Hope they breed for you!

And thanks, I hope one of them is a male, and I hope that my adult female will last long enough to mate with him! Do the nymphs grow while they are in their cool period?

Are you giving them a cool period right now? P. americana shouldn't need that.

When they are in a diapause period, their growth stops.

Yes I have them in diapause right now. It is pretty cold here, or at least it was, so I thought for sure they needed a cool period. Maybe I'll keep the adult female in the cool period and keep the nymphs at room temps so they can become adults?

• 2 weeks later...