A slow start

Hello all!

My name is Skip and I'm from central Alabama. I got into roaches about a year ago as feeders (for tarantulas, frogs, geckos, and salamanders) and since then I've become more and more infatuated with them.

I started out with lateralis as feeders (the colony is huge now) and then I picked up some dubia as pets about 6-8 months ago. I also have arrangements right now to pick up some domino and question mark roaches in the next couple of weeks.

The more I look at different roach species, the more I start shuffling my herp and invert room to arrange for more bins. I hope to also pick up some death's heads before long as they were one of the first species that attracted my attention to pet roaches.

I look forward to lurking more and contributing when able.

Hi, welcome to the forums! Domino and question marks seem to be getting really popular lately! I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do!

Roaches should be a huge thing with all kinds of people. I have changed views on many people around here. I love em all! Call me crazy but I'm getting into more pest species than the exotics. My favorite species right now that I own is P. brunnea. What's your favorite roach of all time?

Hisserdude - I hope so! Lurking so far has been awesome. There's so much information, pics, and awesome people here that I love it.

Cariblatta lutea - I actually work in Montgomery and travel back and forth all the time. If you have overstock on some species, hit me up. I might be interested.

RomanBuck - I'm still early in and not as big on most pest species.. Unless you consider Periplaneta americana a pest species. I honestly think one of the ones I'm most interested in for the moment are Gyna lurida in their standard and yellow color form. Watching videos of them, they fascinate me,