Eucorydia aenea

3 minutes ago, All About Arthropods said:

@Forcep hasn't posted on the forum in a few years, but when I checked in with him about the species in 2018, he had sent his colony away to a couple friends. Not sure what the status of this species in the hobby currently is though. Maybe @Hisserdude would know.

Oh. It's always kind of sad to see people leave such a great hobby.

8 minutes ago, Joopes said:

Oh. It's always kind of sad to see people leave such a great hobby.

Indeed, but sometimes it's just inevitable with different developments in life. 😕 At least Chen (@Forcep) does seem to be getting back into the hobby, if not quite as actively. I actually sent him a few species last November. 🙂

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, All About Arthropods said:

@Forcep hasn't posted on the forum in a few years, but when I checked in with him about the species in 2018, he had sent his colony away to a couple friends. Not sure what the status of this species in the hobby currently is though. Maybe @Hisserdude would know.

As far as I know, Eucorydia dasytoides (which is what these actually are, used to be E.a.dasytoides but they were elevated to their own species) is no longer in culture anywhere in the US, though several Asian and European breeders culture them.