Supella longipalpa

Roachsmith

This roach was found in Santa Rosa, California. I find them mostly outside but this little guy was on the wall this morning so I took a pic. They are only about 1/4". Was wondering if you guys could confirm this is a Supella longipalpa nymph. I've never seen any adults around.

rch.jpg

Also, there's something coming out of it's rear end and it's waving it around. What the heck is that??

rch2.jpg

This roach was found in Santa Rosa, California. I find them mostly outside but this little guy was on the wall this morning so I took a pic. They are only about 1/4". Was wondering if you guys could confirm this is a Supella longipalpa nymph. I've never seen any adults around.

I would be glad to buy some from you !!! As far as that tail end thing goes.... I would need to see the roach in person. This may be a question for Orin.

Matt

I just made a roach trap and set it under the bush they hang out by. There was still a lot running around but I think they would be impossible to catch without the trap. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might have some in the morning. I hope they like fig newtons. It was the only sugary thing I could find around here for the trap. lol.

- Could this be blatella vega nymph? I only found pics of adults, but the stripes are similar.

• 4 weeks later...

rch.jpg

Also, there's something coming out of it's rear end and it's waving it around. What the heck is that??

rch2.jpg

Blattella vaga Hebard, peridomestic but not regarded as a pest as such, adults may fly to light