Keeping multiple species?

eric10686

I keep a nice mixed container of various species I've found crawling around here and haven't had any problems. The only thing that may happen is that one species may outcompete the others over time and you can end up with one big bin full of just the single species. 

1 hour ago, pannaking22 said:

I keep a nice mixed container of various species I've found crawling around here and haven't had any problems.

I did that as well with C.convexus, A.vulgare, P.pruinosus, and T.rathkii, it was a pretty cool enclosure, but I just ended up feeling inclined to separate them into their own containers so that was the end of that. Although it's been almost impossible to completely eradicate the small A.vulgare from the enclosures(The original substrate for each new enclosure was a blend of new substrate and the mixed species substrate, which evidently had tons of baby A.vulgare in it.)

I think after a while, the giant canyons would die out, and it would be a battle between the Orange Porcellio and the Trichorhina, pretty sure the Dwarfs would outcompete the Porcellio, since they will take over the substrate and may drag food down below where the Porcellio can't get to it. So in my opinion, I'd keep them all separately.

I will say, with mine I had A. vulgare, P. scaber and T. rathkii and I would have sworn that the P. scaber would have outcompeted everyone, but right now it's looking like the A. vulgare are doing best. Granted, I had the most of those to start out with lol. Have a couple fun color breeding projects starting up with those too :)