Arizona Inverts

Peter Clausen

7 hours ago, The Mantis Menagerie said:

I wanted to go out for the TITAG IECC conference, but it did not work out this year. I really want to find D. granti

Steven Barney was out for the conference and I by chance met up with him at this very rest stop! I haven't made a trip up North in many years for D. granti. They are pretty easily sourced but certainly there is nothing compared to encountering one in the wild!

7 hours ago, Peter Clausen said:

Love that you love tenebs as much as I do! I would personally take them over any Chrysina or Dynastes any day!

Heck yeah, Tenebs are way cooler than scarabs IMO, they are my second favorite group of inverts, (first being roaches obviously). Love documenting their life cycles and breeding obscure species! :)

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:50 AM, Peter Clausen said:

Saw a bunch of those and will be posting some videos of them, no doubt. 

Excited to see 'em!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 8:41 PM, Auz said:

I just watched this! Super cool stuff. I'd love to do that sometime, but only in a big group of people so I didn't look crazy :lol:

Safety in numbers is definitely a factor down near the border we were spend the majority of the trips. 

Just uploaded the 8th video from the trip and will be making it visible in the next 24 hours. Here is the latest trip vid.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:41 PM, Auz said:

I just watched this! Super cool stuff. I'd love to do that sometime, but only in a big group of people so I didn't look crazy :lol:

Yeah, you typically always want to go with at least one other person, because where inverts be, there be rattlers, and mountain lions (where I am), and other such hazards of the trade. I'm super glad we've got the Invertebrate Club of Southern California now so I don't have to be as worried about where I go.

But if your ever in SoCal, let me know; we'll take you out collecting :).          

Awesome stuff @Peter Clausen! I always marvel at how you take the time to look at these tiny little species others might pass by without a second glance.

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

• 1 month later...