Happy New Year!

Arthroverts

19 hours ago, All About Arthropods said:

BOOOO. 😛

I retract my belated Happy New Year's wishes for you... 😂 

12 hours ago, Arthroverts said:

Here's to hoping that the hobby will see an explosion of both species available and people coming into the hobby, you know we need it, ha ha.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Species, yes, people, meeeeh... A couple more keepers here and there wouldn't hurt, don't love what happened to the isopod community when it's members started numbering in the several hundreds... now thousands... 

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, Arthroverts said:

@Hisserdude, well, the isopod side of the hobby still kinda confounds me, how it just exploded onto the scene and became the next big thing. However, more people=more demand=more species become available. That's not always true of course, but more responsible blatticulturists is always a good thing.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Yeah, I don't know quite how it exploded in the way that it did, but boy did that community become greedy and toxic fast, (like the T hobby).

More good blatticulturists would always be nice, if we could get the hobby as big here as it is in Europe, that'd be fine by me... Anyways, something tells me 2020 is gonna be a good year for the hobby in terms of new additions! 😉

@Hisserdude, I think it'll be a while before we get as big as Europe in terms of size. They've had the jump on us for decades and are still going full throttle, ha ha.

A sure shame it is when that happens; if you keep your eyes open and your head on straight you'll find a lot of good people in both the isopod and tarantula sides of the hobby, but you are right, a lot of irresponsible sellers and hobbyists to waylay the new enthusiast and old hand alike.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, Arthroverts said:

@Hisserdude, I think it'll be a while before we get as big as Europe in terms of size. They've had the jump on us for decades and are still going full throttle, ha ha.

A sure shame it is when that happens; if you keep your eyes open and your head on straight you'll find a lot of good people in both the isopod and tarantula hobbies, but you are right, a lot of irresponsible sellers and hobbyists to waylay the new enthusiast and old hand alike.

True, but I think in terms of species that have seen long term success in captivity, we're catching up. ;)

Yeah there's certainly good people in both those hobbies, it's just hard to find them at times among the throngs of greedy vendors, stubborn groupies and jerks that "popularity" of a hobby and it's more prominent members can bring with it... 😅

• Like 1