Paranauphoeta formosana

Daniel

Hi,

These roaches were collected in Taiwan. The species name is Paranauphoeta formosana.

INCREDIABLE !! De här roaches de är mycket intressant och skulle bli en tacksam tillägg till min insamling.... is this language correct?

Hi!

Matt: Your Swedish is ok but maybee not completely accurate (I understand you anyway) :) Maybee its better than my english.

Peter: This species often sits exposed on pieces of bark. They are not easely distubed. Maybee they realy on their likeness to the assasin bugs (that have quite painfulll bites). I dont know if their is any assasin bugs in Taiwan that looks like this species.

Hi!

Matt: Your Swedish is ok but maybee not completely accurate (I understand you anyway) :) Maybee its better than my english.

Peter: This species often sits exposed on pieces of bark. They are not easely distubed. Maybee they realy on their likeness to the assasin bugs (that have quite painfulll bites). I dont know if their is any assasin bugs in Taiwan that looks like this species.

Hi Orin

it is a rare native species, but unfortunately, non of the spotting records are in more than two, but more like individuals

BTW, i don't think it looks like assassin bugs..maybe the N.american one i guess

• 1 month later...

Rare? I am not so sure about that. I think it's more accurate to say that you can find plenty of them if you only know where to look.

By the way, I have some great news, I have just spotted a few nymphs in my tank :)

Best wishes

Fredrik

• 6 years later...